Saturday, September 1, 2012

Why Didn't I Do This Years Ago?

Spending 3 hours a day doing work with my kids, staying up late, watching cool educational shows with the kids and them being truly intrigued, sleeping in, never having to rush through homework and the nightly routine....verses doing at least an hour of homework just to catch the kids up from what they didn't "catch on to" at school, trying to be in bed by 830pm, waking sleepy heads up at 615am, and trying to fit extra curricular activities in with dinner, homework, family time at night...yea why would anyone homeschool? Now I admit, taking a pay cut to stay home has been challenging, but I never imagined I would enjoy being stuck at home all day every day. I have even had moments where I regret not spending this kind of quality time with Jack and Ali when they were younger, and teaching them even before they were at the "school age". I always thought I had to finish this last load of laundry, or finish cleaning up these toys, or clean this bathroom..I'd love to have that time back!! Live and learn..and now I'm enjoying every minute that I can. We have had an awesome first month of school! Looking forward to our "principal" getting home and learning with us!! That will only make good even better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment