Thursday, July 19, 2012

Only 18 days away....

Yes I am counting down the days..like most moms..but I'm counting down the days to keep my children at home to school, rather than send them away. It is a decision I have not second-guessed one time. I'm rather excited about getting started. I know we will have very challenging days, days we get little done, sick days, blah days..but my guess is..the kids had those days in public schools as well..along with their underpaid teachers. I have been told, those are the days that I need to go back to my "why". Why I decided to take this on to begin with. I want to teach my kids..I want it more than any job I've had, I want to travel without being held to a board of education attendance policy, I want to "see" my kids learn, not go through a stack of papers graded and sent home each Tuesday, and I want my kids to really grow the strengths that God gifted to them! It a blessing to have homeschooling as an option in our lives, so I will take advantage of the opportunity as long as possible. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment