Sunday, August 5, 2012

Excited doesn't describe it...

Remember that feeling, the night before the first day of school? Excited, nervous, anxious, worried..but mostly just freakin excited!!! That's me tonight! If my kids are a fourth as excited as I am..we're off to a good start! I have done all I can do up to this point. Curriculum is bought, lessons planned, menu planned for the week, and kids have been made aware of how things will work. Now we wait..we wait to see how things go. The good, the bad and the ugly. I'm sure we will taste them all. But bring it on..I can't wait for this experience to begin. I'm pretty sure they have an awesome teacher and an even better principal. He will be home in a few weeks, more than ready to step in and substitute when needed!! My hope when this is all said and done..that Jack and Ali have learned more than enough to be productive human beings that love the Lord..that rely on their faith, and can hold their own in any situation. Having a 4.0 is great, but I would love nothing more than happy, well rounded kids with amazing character and loads of common sense! These are all things Greg and I are more than capable of teaching. I look forward to the memories we get to make with Jack and Ali while at home AND traveling. I've kinda gotten use to having the little dumplins around this summer and I can't imagine having to drop them off in the carpool line tomorrow morning! And yes this is now all in writing in case I need to look back at this and say "WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?!" haha jk..but stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment